Why This Blog Exists
List of ALL Topics
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
More on Circumcision
All sanitary reasons for circumcision are debunked. They are just myths repeated. Europe and England has a 1% circumcision rate. Canada is about 10%. They are just as h
ealthy. There are only 3 areas that circumcise baby boys routinely - America, Islamic Muslim, and Israel. All others consider it unhealthy and a human rights violation.
Plus an open wound in a dirty diaper is not sanitary.
In 2005, America's circumcision rate was about 50 percent. Thank God a miracle has happened and in 2009 the circumcision rate is 33 percent. Keep informing and educating people and they will protect their baby boys! We will continue to work hard to get that rate down to less than 1 percent like other nations.
A very small slit on the prepuce in the Old Testament was commanded by God. The circumcision that is practiced today (total removal of the foreskin) started in 200 A.D., way after the New Covenant (through Jesus Christ). Paul called those who circumcise dogs (one of the worst insults of the day) and the New Testament church (as well as the Christian church through the ages until the early 1900s) considered circumcision to be blasphemous, an outright denial of Christ's salvation. Circumcision in America happened because a few doctors and religious zealots decided that it would curb masturbation tendencies in young men. We know how well that worked out. However, circumcision is now known as one of the leading factors in erectile dysfunction in older men, so I guess they got their wish.
Doctors are now finally being taught about the importance of the foreskin in medical school. For years, they weren't. Now most doctors will tell parents that it is a cosmetic surgery, not necessary at all. Unfortunately, 30% of all circumcisions are botched, leading to either more surgeries, or just a botched penis that leads to many sexual problems.
How to Identify Circumcision Damage in the Adult Male
And around 200 infant boys die of circumcision in America each year. For a purely cosmetic unnecessary surgery, that more and more insurance companies are refusing to even pay for (being not medically necessary after all.) They recall every product under the sun if just 3 or 4 babies die - but circumcision gets a free pass? It drives this mommy batty when she thinks about it all.
Circumcision is also a sexual bias against males. There is no difference between female and male circumcision, but females are protected in the U.S., and males are not.
For more info:
(a great site that has a lot of the research in one place with a ton of links to authoritative, official sites)
My circumcision posts:
The importance of foreskin:
And here are the medical reasons (and God-given reasons) to be intact as God planned:
The foreskin has numerous protective, sensory, and sexual functions.
· Protection: Just as the eyelids protect the eyes, the foreskin protects the glans and keeps its surface soft, moist, and sensitive. It also maintains optimal warmth, pH balance, and cleanliness. The glans itself contains no sebaceous glands-glands that produce the sebum, or oil, that moisturizes our skin.11 The foreskin produces the sebum that maintains proper health of the surface of the glans.
· Immunological Defense: The mucous membranes that line all body orifices are the body's first line of immunological defense. Glands in the foreskin produce antibacterial and antiviral proteins such as lysozyme.12 Lysozyme is also found in tears and mother's milk. Specialized epithelial Langerhans cells, an immune system component, abound in the foreskin's outer surface.13 Plasma cells in the foreskin's mucosal lining secrete immunoglobulins, antibodies that defend against infection.14
· Erogenous Sensitivity: The foreskin is as sensitive as the fingertips or the lips of the mouth. It contains a richer variety and greater concentration of specialized nerve receptors than any other part of the penis.15 These specialized nerve endings can discern motion, subtle changes in temperature, and fine gradations of texture.16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
· Coverage During Erection: As it becomes erect, the penile shaft becomes thicker and longer. The double-layered foreskin provides the skin necessary to accommodate the expanded organ and to allow the penile skin to glide freely, smoothly, and pleasurably over the shaft and glans.
· Self-Stimulating Sexual Functions: The foreskin's double-layered sheath enables the penile shaft skin to glide back and forth over the penile shaft. The foreskin can normally be slipped all the way, or almost all the way, back to the base of the penis, and also slipped forward beyond the glans. This wide range of motion is the mechanism by which the penis and the orgasmic triggers in the foreskin, frenulum, and glans are stimulated.
· Sexual Functions in Intercourse: One of the foreskin's functions is to facilitate smooth, gentle movement between the mucosal surfaces of the two partners during intercourse. The foreskin enables the penis to slip in and out of the vagina nonabrasively inside its own slick sheath of self-lubricating, movable skin. The female is thus stimulated by moving pressure rather than by friction only, as when the male's foreskin is missing.
· The foreskin fosters intimacy between the two partners by enveloping the glans and maintaining it as an internal organ. The sexual experience is enhanced when the foreskin slips back to allow the male's internal organ, the glans, to meet the female's internal organ, the cervix-a moment of supreme intimacy and beauty.
Circumcision is not simply the cutting off of useless skin. Author Gary L. Harryman innumerates what circumcision destroys:
***Its connective synechia, which fuses the foreskin to the glans while the penis develops.
***Approximately half of t
he smooth muscle sheath called the dartos fascia.
***Most of the erotogenic nerve endings on the penis, including the densely innervated ridged bands, reducing the sensitivity of the penis to that of ordinary skin.
***Specialized epithelial Langerhans cells, a component of the immune system.
***Thousands of coiled fine-touch receptors, including the Meissner's corpuscles.
***Estrogen receptors--the purpose and value of which are not yet fully understood.
***Ectopic sebaceous glands, which lubricate and moisturize.
***The protective covering of the glans, normally an internal structure. The foreskin shields from abrasion, drying, and callusing, and protects from dirt and other contaminants.
***The entire immunological defense system of the soft mucosa, which may produce antibacterial and antiviral proteins such as lysozyme, also found in mother's milk, and plasma cells, which secrete immunoglobulin antibodies.
***Lymphatic vessels, the loss of which interrupts the lymph flow within a part of the body's immune system.
***The frenulum, the sensitive "V" shaped tethering structure on the underside of the glans is also usually amputated, severed, or destroyed.
***The apocrine glands, which produce pheromones, nature's powerful, silent, invisible signals to potential sexual partners.
***As much as 50% or more of the total penile skin, radically immobilizing and desensitizing whatever skin remains.
***The "gliding" mechanism. If unfolded and spread out flat, the average adult foreskin would measure 15-20 square inches, the size of a postcard. This abundance of specialized, self-lubricating skin gives the natural penis its unique-hallmark ability to smoothly "glide" back and forth within itself, permitting non-abrasive intercourse, without drying out the vagina.
***The pink to red to dark purple natural coloration of the glans.
***10% to 20% of its circumference because its double-layered wrapping of loose foreskin is now missing making the circumcised penis thinner.
*** As much as one inch of the erect penis' length due to scarring and shrinkage from loss of the mobile, richly vascularized foreskin.
***Several feet of blood vessels, including the frenular artery and branches of the dorsal artery, the loss of which interrupts normal blood flow to the shaft and glans of the penis, damaging its natural function and possibly stunting its growth.
*** An estimated 240 feet of microscopic nerves, including branches of the dorsal nerve.
*** Perhaps most importantly, between at least 10,000 to 20,000 specialized erotogenic nerve endings of various types, which can discern slight motion, subtle changes in temperature, and fine gradations in texture.
The foreskin protects the glans AND protects its inner mucosa where the most erogenous sexual receptors are located in the ridged band and frenulum. (Such protection from the sun which harms the receptors). The glans corona has only 15% of the sexual receptors which fight against the populace pain receptors located there. 65%-85% of the sexual receptors are cut off, 85% when the frenulum is scrapped off. The amount of receptors removed are equal to all ten fingertips. (Sorrells et al. "Fine -Touch Pressure Thresholds of the Adult Penis".
Forming a hangman's noose, the erogenous value of the frenulum continues through its connected looped ridged band, decreasing value, with the lessor erogenous value being at the ridged band ventral. The glans corona's erogenous value increases as the ridged band"s erogenous value decreases, thus compensating the difference.
Note: Langerhans cells have been suggested to allow HIV entry as reported in the three African studies on male circumcision and HIV. There are more Langerhans cells in the tonsils yet tonsillectomy is not recommended. Langerhans secrete langerin which has been shown to kill HIV.
The circumcised penis uses 10x the pressure for vaginal intro over an intact penis
One FUNCTION of the DARTOS MUSCLE is it tenses with en erection thereby creating a one piece solid skin tube where any action on the shaft is transferred to the erogenous ridged band which through its loop to the frenulum, this action is transferred to act on the frenulum, all this elicits an orgasmic response. No action on the shaft is wasted these erogenous structures, the ridged band and the frenulum. (Dr. John Taylor "Frenular Delta")
Circumcision always removes all of the ridged band being at the extreme foreskin tip and part to all of the frenulum. Action on the shaft is wasted on these structures. Action must be directly on the frenulum remnant, if any remains.
A new study found that approximately 117 neonatal (first 28 days after birth) circumcision-related deaths occur annually in the United States, one out of every 77 male neonatal deaths.
some helpful NEW Testament verses:
Galatians 5:2-6: “Pay close attention to me, Paul, when I tell you that if you have yourselves circumcised, Christ will be of no use to you. I point out once more to all who receive circumcision that they a
...re bound... to the law in its entirety. Any of you who seek your justification in the law have severed yourselves from Christ and fallen from God’s favor! It is in the spirit that we eagerly await the justification we hope for, and only faith can yield it. In Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor the lack of it counts for anything; only faith, which expresses itself through love.”
1 Corinthians 7:18-19: “Was someone called after he had been circumcised? He should not hide his circumcision. Did the call come to another who had never been circumcised? He is not to be circumcised. Circumcision counts for nothing, and its lack makes no difference either. What matters is keeping God’s commandments.”
that one just above means if you are already circumcised when you are called into the fellowship of Christ, you should not be ashamed, if you are called into the fellowship of Christ and are not circumcised you should NOT be circumcised!
Philippians 3:2-3: “Beware of unbelieving dogs. Watch out for workers of evil. Be on guard against those who mutilate. It is we who are the circumcision, who worship in the spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus rather than putting our trust in the flesh.”
Romans 2: 25-28
Romans 4: 9-12
1 Corinthians 7:18-19
1 Corinthians 12: 18
Links to this post
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest